1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Do not rename your Minecraft Name. More...

Whats your PC build?

Discussion in 'Tech Corner' started by ReadySkies, May 31, 2016.

1. ReadySkies

ReadySkies Member

I ask some people on the server what their specs are and they're usually like "Hell if I know"
    So I ask on the forums for those of you who do know, what are your PC specs? Keep in mind this is not a competition or pissing contest! Just curious what people are running. If your PC case is custom or whatnot feel free to post pictures!
    I currently run an i7 4790k@4.2Ghz with a Golden Gaming edition of an Msi GTX 980ti, however I used to own an R9 295x2 which is one sexy gpu ;) Guess I'm a fan of backplates or something.

anyway 16gb of G.Skill ddr3 1600Mhz ram and a Corsair GS800 PSU because of when I owned the 295x2.
    All this inside an Nzxt Phantom Black full tower case.

2. VaultTroll

VaultTroll New Member

Hey, nice PC build man! Here's mine -

GPU: 2 GB GDDR5 Msi Gtx 960
    CPU: Liquid-Cooled 6th Gen Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHz 4-Core (4.2GHz Boost)
    RAM: HyperX DDR4 2400Mhz 16 GB
    Storage Space: 2TB Hard Drive
    Power Supply: 550 Watt ATX Power Supply

Tell me if you would consider the 2 GB Msi Gtx 960 to be a High end graphics card. I'm not really sure if I would consider it as one.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  3. ReadySkies

ReadySkies Member

Hey Nice setup. An unlocked Skylake i7 liquid cooled and you AREN'T OCing? Whaaaa XD Hit 4.5 on it for me at least :)
    And I would consider that right above budget oriented graphics cards still in the price to performance mindset. But not a bad setup!

4. VaultTroll

VaultTroll New Member

Though I'm sure overclocking is a very simple and fast process to do, I've just never really gotten around to doing it for some reason. I'll try it out sometime soon though.